The confidence of our customers, employees, and business partners is fostered by an effective corporate governance and the transparent management of our company. Our executive board plays a key role in managing hte in a responsible and value-driven manner.
Dr. Wolfram Stichert
Wolfram studied chemistry and economics, receiving a degree in economics from the University of Hagen as well as a degree and PhD in chemistry from the Goethe University Frankfurt. In 2001, he was a joint recipient of the German Science Prize of the "Stiftungsverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft" for the successful symbiosis of basic science and commercial implementation. Wolfram has been a board member of hte since 2000 and CEO since 2013. As one of the company co-founders, he joined in 1999 and has headed several organizational and scientific teams to support hte's foundation and growth process. Since December 2019 Wolfram Stichert is board member and treasurer of DECHEMA, the society for chemical engineering and biotechnology.
- Since 2013 CEO, hte GmbH
- 2003 CFO, hte AG
- 2000 Member of the Managing Board, hte AG
- 1999 Co-founder and Research Chemist, hte GmbH
- 1999 Postdoctoral scholar, Industrial Catalyst, BASF AG
- 1998 Research Scientist, Max-Planck-Institute, Mühlheim
- 1996 Research Scientist, Institute for Inorganic and Analytic Chemistry of the Goethe University Frankfurt
- Since 2019 Treasurer of DECHEMA
- 2000 - 2005 Supervisory Board Member of hte North America Inc., later Fqubed Inc., Princeton, NJ and San Diego, USA
Michael studied chemistry at University of Düsseldorf, Germany and received his PhD in chemistry in the field of catalysis in 2009 at the Max-Planck-Institute for Cole Research, Germany. He started his professional career at hte’s business development team, followed by positions at BASF Catalysts where he took over positions in technical marketing and product management. In April 2020, he joined again hte and is leading the department for custom R&D solutions.
- Since 2020 Director Custom R&D Solutions, hte GmbH
- 2016 Global Product Manager Hydrogenation & Specialty Catalysts, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen
- 2014 Global Product Technology Manager, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen
- 2011 Business Development Manager & Head of Marketing, hte GmbH
- 2009 Business Development Manager, hte GmbH
New Technologies & Incubation
Florian received his MSc degree in chemical engineering from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany, in 2002 and his PhD from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim in 2006. After the PhD research, he worked in the R&D department of Haldor Topsoe for five years, starting as Research Engineer and finally acting as Head of R&D for Catalytic Air Pollution Control. In 2011, Florian joined hte in the research department as project manager and acted later as head of Hydroprocessing & Biofeed processing. Since January 2021 he heads the New Technologies & Incubation department with focus on developing new technologies for high throughput testing in existing and emerging fields.
- Since 2021 Head of New Technologies & Incubation, hte GmbH
- 2014 Senior Scientist and Team Lead, Hydroprocessing & Biofeed processing, hte GmbH
- 2013 Team Lead, Biofeed Processing, hte GmbH
- 2011 Project Manager, Contract Research, hte GmbH
- 2010 Head of R&D, Catalytic Air Pollution Control, Haldor Topsoe
- 2008 Team Lead R&D, Catalytic Total Oxidation, Haldor Topsoe
- 2006 Research Engineer, Haldor Topsoe
Michael studied Information Systems at the University of Cologne, Germany. During his studies, he worked as a team lead for software development at a startup company. After graduating in 2005, he started his career at BearingPoint as an IT and management consultant. In 2013, Michael joined BASF Business Services where he successfully led large-scale IT-projects. He joined the hte team in 2017 and has headed the Software Solutions department since then.
- Since 2017 Director, Software Solutions, hte GmbH
- 2013 Project Manager, Systems of Engagement, BASF Business Services GmbH
- 2009 Manager, BearingPoint GmbH
- 2006 Consultant, BearingPoint GmbH
Dr. Stefan Altwasser
Business Development & Marketing
Stefan studied chemistry at University of Stuttgart, Germany and earned his PhD in chemistry in the field of zeolite catalysis in 2006. He started his professional career at BASF where he had several positions with increasing responsibility in R&D and catalyst business. In April 2021, he joined hte and is heading the Business Development and Marketing department.
- Since 2021 Director, Business Development & Marketing, hte GmbH
- 2016 Head of new Technologies & Licensing, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen
- 2012 Global Business Manager Specialty Catalysts, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen
- 2011 Global Product Technology Manager Styrene Catalysts, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen
- 2006 Lab Team Leader Oxidation Catalysts, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen
Denis studied chemical engineering at the Mannheim University of Applied Science (FH), successfully graduating as an engineer in 2007. He already worked for hte during his studies. In the last few years, he has been able to drive important further developments to the technology platform at hte. As Head of Software Solutions, Denis was responsible for the efficient data management within the laboratory environment. Since September 2017, he has managed the Technology Solutions department.
- Since September 2017 Director, Technology Solutions, hte GmbH
- 2017 Director, Software Solutions, hte GmbH
- 2014 Head of Plant Engineering, Technology Solutions, hte GmbH
- 2012 Head of Process Technology, Engineering, hte AG
- 2007 Project Manager, Technology Solutions, hte AG