RENEWABLE & RECYCLED
Novel processes for obtaining high-value products based on feedstocks from renewable and recycled materials are very important, as they allow the use of sustainable resources and support a circular economy. The goal is to reduce carbon footprint and to open new pathways to platform chemicals and drop-in fuels.
High Throughput Experimentation (HTE) has proven the most efficient tool to accelerate the development of new catalytic processes and to ensure a short time to market for renewable products.
- Processing and screening of various feedstocks gained from renewable & recyclable materials
- Supporting process optimization and feedstock evaluation (e.g. co-processing)
- Upscaling from batch to continuous process
- Catalyst synthesis and characterization from powder to commercial shapes
- Offline and online analytics, including method development and separation techniques
- Short time to market for new products and processes
- Evaluate processability of new feedstocks
- Testing support for industrial operation
- Independent and customized R&D services with excellent track record in catalyst synthesis and testing
hte is your partner for decreasing your time to market for new products based on feedstocks from renewable and recycled materials.
hexanediol using a new catalytic process; a key monomer for polyamide 6.6 known as nylon. The entire process was successfully developed at hte. It includes:
- Synthesis and screening of 500 catalysts
- 26 test runs with 16-fold HTE unit
- Upscaling of 44 catalyst formulations
- Screening of 30 feed blends in 8-fold
bench scale unit
Feedstock, such as vegetable oil, can be upgraded by catalytic hydrogenation. In this catalytic process, the feedstock is converted into long-chain hydrocarbons, which can be used as drop-in fuels and kerosene.
In this project, a test system with 16 parallel reactors and small amounts of catalyst were successfully applied for testing a commercial hydrotreating process for converting rapeseed oil into drop-in fuel.
Our hte technologies have an excellent track record for processing 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation bio-oils.
For our partners and curstomers, we offer under one roof a broad range of parallelized & automated technologies in our portfolio to utilize renewables: from multifold batch systems, to multifold gas phase and trickled reactor, parallelized bench scale systems, to our novel short-contact time testing technology, like our proprietary fluidized bed testing systems. Our portfolio of technologies enable processing from feedstocks as simple as CO2 to ones as complex as lignin and cellulose. The list includes also carbohydrates, sugars, algae oil, fats alongside many more.